The Pharmacy Early Acceptance Program (PEAP) provides academically exceptional students future admission into the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program. Students who are eligible to apply for PEAP must meet one of the following criteria:
- Binghamton University first-year undergraduate student
- Binghamton Advantage Program (BAP) first-year student
- Binghamton University spring admit who plans to enroll next semester
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) second-year student
Students accepted into PEAP must complete the following before matriculating into the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SOPPS) Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program:
- Continued enrollment at Binghamton University.
- Completion of a minimum of 12 credits per semester at Binghamton University
- Some courses may be completed elsewhere if necessary or expedient. This should be approved ahead of time by SOPPS.
- Maximum of four years total to complete full list of prerequisites. EOP students have a maximum of five years.
- Maintain a minimum Binghamton University cumulative GPA of 3.10 and math/science GPA
of 3.10. Students who have transfer coursework will also need to maintain an overall
cumulative GPA of 3.10 and overall math/science GPA of 3.10. GPA will be reviewed
annually at the end of the spring semester. Any student who falls below the minimum
GPA requirement will be contacted by the SOPPS Office for Student Affairs and
- Completion of all required prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of C-.
- Any grade of a D or F will automatically make a student ineligible to continue in the PEAP.
- Complete an official PharmCAS application (either early decision or regular decision) during the application cycle prior to the intended year of matriculation into the PharmD program. Application deadline is December 1.
- Take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) no later than November (Early decision
applicants must take the PCAT no later than September) of the year prior to a student’s
entrance into pharmacy school.
- A composite PCAT score of 50th percentile is required. Under some circumstances, when a student has not yet completed all prerequisite courses prior to taking the PCAT, a lower percentile PCAT score may be deemed acceptable for admission.
- Remain in good standing at Binghamton University, which includes complying with Binghamton University’s Student Handbook and Code of Student Conduct.
Important dates: Application deadline is Thursday, Feb. 15 and interview date(s) (by invitation only) are Monday, Feb. 26 or Thursday, March 3.