SP1.2: Establish a New College or School in the Life Sciences
Binghamton University is moving forward with the establishment of the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The full proposal for the school was approved by the SUNY Trustees on March 11, 2015. The University is in the final stages of the building design for the $60M facility to be located in Johnson City, New York. The University has hired founding Dean, Gloria Meredith in Spring, 2015In addition, the curriculum for the new school has been drafted.
Goals advanced under this project:
- Become a Nationally Recognized University for Outstanding Doctoral Education
- Increase Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities Profile to that of a Premier Public University
- Enrich Collaborative Culture for Research, Scholarship and Creative Production
- Increase the Transformational Impact of the University’s Research, Scholarship, Creative Activities and Doctoral Education on Society
Indicators of success for these goals are:
- Faculty Citations
- 2-Graduate Time to Degree
- Doctoral Student Placement upon Graduation (not able to measure currently)
- Sponsored Program Expenditures (federal and non-federal) (RF and BUF)
- 2-External Faculty Awards and Appointments of Distinction
- Number of Faculty Awards with Two or More PIs.
- Self Reported Collaborative Publications and External Collaborations Royalty Revenue
- Number of Companies Participating in Binghamton’s Start Up NY Portfolio
- Measure of University’s Impact of University’s Research, Scholarship, Creative Activities and Doctoral Education on Society
Milestones completed since last progress report:
- The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences will submit its application to the ACPE in early 2016 for consideration of precandidate status.
- Chair of department of Health Outcomes and Administrative Sciences hired.
- Assistant Dean for Operations and Finance hired.
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Assessment hired
Last Updated: 9/11/14