SUNY Broome will process and issue students financial aid award offers. All questions should be directed to SUNY Broome’s Financial Aid Office.
Important note: If you have already filed your FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year, and authorized Binghamton University to receive your information, you will need to authorize SUNY Broome to receive your FAFSA. Simply log into your account at http://fafsa.gov and add SUNY Broome's federal school code, 002862.
The deadline to apply for the Excelsior Scholarship (if eligible) is Aug. 31. Go to the HESC website to apply.
For New York State Tuition Assistance (TAP) consideration, log into the Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) and change the school code to SUNY Broome (2025).
You may accept, decline or accept a partial amount of the student loan funding you have been offered (you may not increase the award). Follow these steps for both unsubsidized and subsidized loans.
- Log into https://mycollege.sunybroome.edu
- Click on the “Financial Aid” tab
- Click on the “Financial Aid Status” link
- Select the 2019-2020 Aid Year and click submit
- Click on the “Awarded” link
- Click “Accept Award Offer” tab, and choose “accept” or “decline” in the drop down and click “Submit Decision”
NOTE: Steps 2 and 3 (below) are for first-time loan borrowers only. If you received Federal Direct student loan funds in the 2018-2019 academic years, you do not need to complete entrance counseling or sign an Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN).
Step 2: Complete your entrance counseling (first-time borrowers only)
- Go to https://studentloans.gov
- Under “Manage My Direct Loan” click the sign in button
- Sign in using the requested information (you will need your federal PIN number)
- Click on “Complete Entrance Counseling”
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your entrance counseling
STEP 3: Sign your electronic master promissory note (eMPN) (first-time borrowers only)
- Complete the same first three steps that you followed when completing your entrance counseling
- Click on “Complete Master Promissory Note”
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your eMPN
- To finish the process, you must view BOTH the HTML and PDF versions of the eMPN.
If you have questions or difficulties completing any of the steps, contact the Financial Aid Office at SUNY Broome at 607-778-5028.
Note: If you do not accept your loan funds within 60 days of the date that the funds were offered, your loan offer(s) will be canceled. If you decide at a later date that you would like to receive student loan funds, you may do so by submitting a written request to our office.
Bill Notification and Payment
You will receive your bill from SUNY Broome, with payment due each semester, approximately three weeks prior to the start of the semester. The bill will contain tuition and fees, in addition to Binghamton University charges such as housing, meal plan, program fees, etc. Payment will be made directly to SUNY Broome.
The only charges that students will pay directly to Binghamton University are charges for fines, such as library, parking, etc., incurred on the Binghamton campus. Such charges will be reflected as a balance owed on your Binghamton University account statement. Payments must be made directly to Student Accounts at Binghamton University by the statement due date.
Should you fail to secure financial aid or financing and not respond to billing notifications and payment deadlines, Binghamton University and/or SUNY Broome will pursue payment through their respective college processes.
Once registered for courses, you can anticipate that charges will be available in your SUNY Broome MyCollege portal.
To pay your bill:
- Log into MyCollege
- Click on "View MY Bill" in the Launchpad. The page includes:
- Account statements
- Account balance
- Access to payment plan enrollment
- Access to make a payment in full with MasterCard, Visa or eCheck
- Parent PIN setup
- SMS Alert setup
2020-21 Cost of attendance - on campus *
|Cost of Attendance||In-State Resident*||Non-NY Resident|
|SUNY Broome Tuition||$5,160||$10,320|
|Binghamton Advantage Program Fee||$3,006||$3,006|
|Binghamton University Room||$11,348||$11,348|
|Binghamton University Board (Meals)||$5,238||$5,238|
|Transportation||$ 500||$ 500|
2020-2021 Cost of Attendance - Off Campus*
|Cost of Attendence||In-State Resident*||Non-NY Resident|
SUNY Broome Tuition
Binghamton Advantage Program Fee
SUNY Broome Room/Board (Off-Campus)
*Cost information above is estimated and subject to change.
*To qualify for in-state tuition, a certificate of residency from your home county is required. Go online for more information.