Must do’s/next steps (after you've paid your enrollment deposit)

Access computer accounts

Your Binghamton University Computer Account is used to access all online resources on campus: housing request form, public computers on campus, Medicat (health forms), Internet connection, BU BRAIN Self-Service etc. You access your computer account by logging in with your user ID and password (PODS password). Follow these instructions to log in

You will also be assigned a SUNY Broome unique campus computer account username and password, which allows access to the SUNY Broome campus network, your campus email account and lab computers. This is mailed to you once you submit your deposit. 

Your SUNY Broome campus computer account username and password provides access to the student web portal, Log into MyCollege to:

  • receive official SUNY Broome information and communications
  • access course registration and schedule information, academic records, financial aid and admissions information
  • check your grades

Access email accounts

Activate your Binghamton University email account, (BMail).

Your BMail account is where we send all official Binghamton University information and communications. You should check your Bmail at least once daily to assure that you are up to date on campus notifications, required student account transactions and other deadline-oriented actions that you are required to complete.

You should have received a letter from SUNY Broome with your email and temporary password. Be sure to set up your email, accessed through MyCollege or directly via webmail. Students should check this email account at least once daily.

Send final high-school transcript  

All students are required to submit an official, final high-school transcript, including graduation date and seal, stamp or signature, or a GED. Request that an official, final transcript be mailed or emailed to SUNY Broome and Binghamton admissions offices. If you attempted or completed any college coursework while attending high school, those official college transcripts should also be sent to BOTH schools.

NOTE: If you are having issues getting your transcript due to these extraordinary circumstances, contact Binghamton University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions and SUNY Broome Admissions Office.

Transcripts should be sent directly from the school or agency prior to Orientation at the following locations:

  • SUNY Broome Admissions Office, PO Box 1017, Binghamton, NY 13902
  • Binghamton University Undergraduate Admissions, PO Box 6001, Binghamton, NY 13902-6001 

OR, ask the school or agency email your official transcipt to AND

Timely receipt of transcripts and test scores will ensure that advisement is accurate and assures that no holds are placed on your student account at Binghamton University and/or SUNY Broome (preventing you from completing essential, future online transactions).

Know your B-Numbers

The B-Number is the primary identification number for students at Binghamton. To access it, log into the Binghamton portal,, click on the BU BRAIN Self-Service icon in the top left-hand corner, select the "Home" tab and click on "What's My B-Number?" 

If you filed a Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA), you were mailed a letter with your SUNY Broome B-Number. Otherwise, you'll receive it at Orientation.

Advanced Placement (AP) credit

To receive proper credit for any AP courses taken, contact the College Board at 1-888-225-5427 to confirm your scores will be sent electronically to SUNY Broome (5048) and Binghamton University (2535) admission offices. Test scores  may receive credit based on the policy established by the State University of New York. You should also bring your student copy with you to Orientation. Learn more >

International Baccalaureate (IB) credit

Credit is awarded only for higher-level IB exams, with scores of 4 or 5 receiving four credits, and scores of 6 or 7 receiving eight credits. IB scores are submitted through the International Baccalaureate  website.

Students in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program may receive up to 32 credits. To receive the full 32 credits, the following conditions must be met:

  • The IB diploma must be completed with a score of 30 or more points; and
  • The student must complete at least three higher-level exams with a score of 5 or higher.

Diploma holders who meet these conditions receive credit for their individual exam scores plus additional liberal arts elective credit to total 32 credits.

SUNY General Education requirements can be satisfied by completing higher-level exams in five of the 10 areas of competency. In addition, the General Education requirement for foreign language is satisfied by a score of 4-7 on either the higher level or standard level exams.

Sign up for Virtual Orientation

BAP Orientation will take place throughout July. Continue to check your Binghamton email for information. If you have questions, contact New Student Programs at 607-777-4986 or 

Register for three courses prior to Orientation

You must register for three (3) courses by Monday, June 8 to to ensure you have a productive session with an academic advisor at Orientation and are able to finalize your fall schedule.

Submit health forms

New York state requires that students provide documentation of immunizations for both institutions. To streamline this process, Binghamton University will serve as the primary repository of immunization records, but will provide copies of all submitted documents to SUNY Broome. As these documents may take time to locate and/or request from medical offices, we encourage you to begin this process now. If you have any questions, contact Decker Health Services Center at or 607-777-2221. You will need your Binghamton University B-Number (student ID number). Students over 18 can request this service themselves without parent/guardian involvement. 

Students receive weekly notifications to their Binghamton email account if they are not in compliance. 

NOTE: If you are experiencing difficulty obtaining proof of immunization due to the COVID-19 outbreak, contact the Decker Student Health Services Center at

New York state residency information

To qualify for the New York resident tuition fee, a student is required by law (NYS Education Law, Section 6305) to present once each academic year, a residency certificate indicating that they have been a legal resident of the state of New York for one year, and of a county for six months. This certificate is obtained from your home county. No other documentation will satisfy this requirement.

New York state counties will issue certificates up to 60 calendar days prior to the start of the semester and until 30 days into the semester. Counties are permitted by law to refuse applications after the 30th day of the semester. Many counties adhere to this deadline with no exceptions.

Each New York county processes residency requests differently. Some must be done in person only and some via mail only. We cannot accept scanned or faxed copies of the certificate issued to you. For more details and to obtain the forms, visit Broome’s residency website.  

Note: Tuition bills will include non-resident charges for students who have not submitted a valid certificate of residency to the SUNY Broome Student Accounts Office. Non-resident charges double the tuition portion of the bill.

Secure ID cards

A Binghamton student ID card is needed for access to campus housing, residential and campus dining facilities, library services, athletic event admission, bus transportation and more. You must upload a photo for your student ID.

A SUNY Broome student ID card is needed for access to library services, athletics events, discounts with many area businesses and more. Once you are registered for classes, go online to upload a photo and set up your student ID card.

Sign up for Emergency Alert contact information

Binghamton uses an emergency alert system called B-Alert that is capable of sending users text, voice and email messages.

You are encouraged to add your parents to your B-Alert account. You may add up to three email addresses and three cell phone numbers by clicking on "My Information" and updating your information under Emergency Alert Notification (Rave Mobile Safety). 

Sign up to receive emergency alerts from the SUNY Broome Rave-Alert system 

Questions? Call SUNY Broome Campus Safety at 607-778-5083.

Confirm Binghamton University Code of Student Conduct

You will confirm your receipt of the Binghamton University Code of Student Conduct when you log into BU BRAIN for the first time as a student. You cannot access areas of BU BRAIN without accepting the Code of Student Conduct as it is a requirement of the State of New York and SUNY where you positively affirm the Code of Student Conduct as a condition of your enrollment. If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Conduct at or 607-777-6210.

SUNY Broome Rules of Student Conduct

By attending SUNY Broome you accept responsibility for adhering to its Rules of Student Conduct. Because SUNY Broome strives to ensure the success of all its community members, its standards of conduct may exceed federal, state or local requirements.  Students are held responsible for any actions that violate the Code of Student Conduct both on and off the SUNY Broome campus.  

If you have questions, contact the Associate Vice President/Dean of Students office at 607-778-5681 or

Seek Part-Time Employment 

SUNY Broome employs over 120 students through the Federal Work Study (FWS) program in both on- and off-campus positions. FWS employment is based upon financial aid need and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.  Students may work up to 20 hours per week when classes are in session or up to 37.5 hours a week during class vacations. Pay is minimum wage. View a list of available jobs.

Students seeking part-time, non-work study employment opportunities through Binghamton University should register at hireBING. To build marketable skills, BAP students are encouraged to take advantage of the training resources offered by Binghamton’s Fleishman Center student employment initiative.

Proof of Enrollment (if needed)

An insurance company, scholarship program, loan company or other third party may require a student and/or family to show proof of enrollment (also called enrollment verification).

SUNY Broome's official enrollment verification may be obtained in one of two ways. Students may go to the Registrar's Office, or students may access, complete and submit via fax or USPS mail a form requesting that proof of enrollment be sent.