The Bridges Program at Binghamton University with our three partner community colleges: Monroe Community College, Onondaga Community College, and Westchester Community College, provides support to full-time underrepresented community college students from our partner CCs. These students must be interested in pursuing science. The support includes a paid 8-week summer science research experience at Binghamton University.($5500 total pay for 8 weeks), along with tutoring, advising, workshops, and conference attendance. The goal of the Bridges Program is to help Bridges scholars transition from a 2-year community college to a 4-year institution. The application deadline is March 25, 2022 or until all research positions are filled. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
What are the advantages of participating in the bridges to the baccalaureate program?
At the community college:
- Personal contact with a Bridges mentor
- Increased access to tutoring
At Binghamton University:
- Two-day hosted orientation at Binghamton University in spring.
- Paid ($600 per week) 8-week summer research experience at Binghamton University.
- Opportunity to a research conference in July, all expenses paid. MORE INFO
- Guaranteed admission to Binghamton University provided at minimum 2.7 gpa is maintained both in science courses and overall at the community college.
- Customized, 1 credit course, "The Culture of Science" in first fall semester at BU
- Guaranteed access to support programs at Binghamton Universtiy including CSTEP, LSAMP, McNair Scholars Program, Charles Drew, Student Support Services, Center for Academic Excellence, and more.
Some Past Bridges Faculty Mentors:
- Dr. Christopher Bishop, Psychology
- Dr. Anne Clark, Biological Science
- Dr. Carol Miles, Biological Science
- Dr. Peter Gerhardstein, Psychology
- Dr. Eriks Rozners, Chemistry
- Dr. Lisa Savage, Psychology
- Dr. CJ Zhong, Chemistry