How to Get Started
- Go to https://binghamton.chronus.com/
- Click ‘Join Now’ as a Student Mentee
- Complete your profile (make sure to answer all questions to get the best possible matches)
- Once you complete your profile, you will see a list of alumni mentor suggestions. Look through the list. You can filter the list by geographic location, occupation, campus involvement or identity (e.g., athletics, EOP, first-generation)
- Review the list and identify a graduate to reach out to. You need to make the first move!
- Click ‘Connect’ and add a professional note inviting the mentor to have a conversation. Suggest a time to schedule your meeting. Make sure to give an explanation as to what you’re looking for in a mentor relationship and some information about your availability.
Sample Connection Request:
Dear [insert mentor name],
I am currently a sophomore political science major and I am considering pursuing a career in the legal field. I am very interested in connecting with you to discuss what it is like to work as an environmental policy lawyer and your steps for getting there. I am also interested in learning about opportunities I should take advantage of while in college to achieve this goal.
Please let me know if you are available to schedule a phone call. I am generally available to speak Mondays and Wednesdays between 9-1 but can be flexible with your schedule. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
[your phone number]
Wait for the mentor to respond and confirm a time to connect!
Tips, tricks and best practices on how to make the most of your Mentor Match account
Questions or need help?
If you need help with Mentor Match, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.