The Department of Public Administration offers the following scholarships:
The Paul D. Coverdell Fellows program provides fellowships to returned Peace Corps volunteers who are accepted into the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program.
- up to 6 academic credits for their Peace Corps service
- a half-time Graduate Assistantship
- an internship in an underserved community in the U.S.
- connection with the Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of the Southern Tier, New York, a group in the Greater Binghamton area designed to connect RPCVs, promote the Peace Corps, continue the commitment to community service, and fulfill the Peace Corps' 3rd goal "to bring the world home"
As part of the State University of New York system, tuition at Binghamton University is affordable for both in- and out-of-state students. Coverdell Fellows with NY state residency will pay approximately $12,000 for the entire degree program; out-of-state residents will pay approximately $21,800. The region's cost of living is lower than average, considerably less than the cities of Albany, Ithaca, or New York. To qualify for the Coverdell Fellowship, students must be accepted into the MPA program and plan to be enrolled for full-time study.
Coordinator: Cory Rusin
GA Ambassador: Change Maker Scholarship
Are you a leader who wants to make change? Compete for the lucrative Change Maker Scholarship and pursue your Master of Public Administration at Binghamton University.
The Change Maker Scholarship is a merit-based award for beginning, full-time students with outstanding leadership abilities who aspire to create positive change through a management career in the public or nonprofit sector. The award is a $5000 stipend and a $5500 scholarship per year.
- Be a new applicant to the MPA Program at Binghamton University
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.5
- Have a strong background in public service and leadership (which can include volunteer experience)
- If awarded, maintain full-time enrollment in the MPA program, activley participate in departmental events, and virtually meet with ambassador team on a bi-weekly basis.
- Apply to the MPA program by February 1.
- Questions about the Change Maker Scholarship program should be directed to Brianna King Richetti, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other sources of scholarships