The Department of Public Administration offers the following scholarships:
The Paul D. Coverdell Fellows program provides fellowships to returned Peace Corps volunteers who are accepted into the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program.
- up to 6 academic credits for their Peace Corps service
- a half-time Graduate Assistantship
- an internship in an underserved community in the U.S.
- connection with the Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of the Southern Tier, New York, a group in the Greater Binghamton area designed to connect RPCVs, promote the Peace Corps, continue the commitment to community service, and fulfill the Peace Corps' 3rd goal "to bring the world home"
As part of the State University of New York system, tuition at Binghamton University is affordable for both in- and out-of-state students. Coverdell Fellows with NY state residency will pay approximately $12,000 for the entire degree program; out-of-state residents will pay approximately $21,800. The region's cost of living is lower than average, considerably less than the cities of Albany, Ithaca or New York. To qualify for the Coverdell Fellowship, students must be accepted into the MPA program and plan to be enrolled for full-time study.
Coordinator: Cory Rusin
MPA Graduate Assistant (GA) Ambassador
Are you a leader who wants to make change?
The MPA GA Ambassador is a graduate assistant position for full-time graduate students with outstanding leadership abilities who aspire to create positive change through a management career in the public or nonprofit sector. The GA position requires 10 hours of work per week and comes with a $5000 stipend and a $5500 scholarship per year.
- Be a new applicant to the MPA Program at Binghamton University
- Have a strong background in public service and leadership, which can include volunteer experience
- If awarded, maintain full-time enrollment in the MPA program, actively participate in departmental events and meet with ambassador team on a bi-weekly basis.
- Apply to the MPA program by February 1.
- Fill out the application (coming soon for 2022)