Option 1 - Expedited Official Electronic Transcript
For the fastest service, order your Binghamton University transcript to be sent electronically through Credentials Inc. TranscriptsPlus. Transcripts are sent in PDF format. Electronic official transcripts are typically sent within ten (10) minutes of authorization. Attachments can also be uploaded and sent with your expedited electronic transcript.
Key benefits include:
- 24/7 access. You may submit your request from any computer connected to the internet anywhere in the world.
- Faster Service. Your transcript will be sent electronically as early as one business day after submitting your request. TranscriptsPlus® facilitates your order 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, for a minimal charge of $5.00 USD per recipient for the expedited electronic delivery.
- Status updates. Receive email or text updates on the status of your request from receipt of the order to a notice when the transaction is complete. If there is a problem in processing your request, you are notified via email or text. Once submitted, you can check the status of your electronic transcript.
- Easy address look-up. A search feature connects you to a database of many college and university mailing addresses.
Simple steps to ordering online:
- Current students and alumni with access to BU BRAIN should log into BU BRAIN and submit your request from the 'Your Records' tab and click 'Electronic Transcript'.
- Alumni prior to 2009 and those students who cannot recall their BU BRAIN login credentials can click here to send your official transcript electronically.
- Insert debit or credit card number for payment of $5.00 per transcript.
- Attachments can also be uploaded and sent with your expedited electronic transcript.
- Submit order. Transcripts Plus will notify you regarding the status of your request.
- Transcripts will NOT be released if you have an outstanding financial obligation to the university or if a restrictive hold has been placed on your student record.
Binghamton University has appointed Credentials Inc. as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of Binghamton University. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Credentials Inc. has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of Binghamton University and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.
Option 2 - Official Paper Transcript
- Paper transcripts are sent using US Postal Service First Class Mail Delivery; 3-5 business days to process; no tracking information.
- Current students and alumni with access to BU BRAIN should log into BU BRAIN and submit your request from the 'Your Records' tab and click on 'Paper Transcript'. To check the status of a request in BU BRAIN Self Service, select the 'Your Records' tab, then click 'Paper Transcript Request Status'.
- Alumni prior to 2009 and those students who cannot recall their BU BRAIN login credentials must complete an official paper transcript request form (pdf, 89 KB), and return it to Student Records:
- Via email: email@example.com
- Via fax: 607-777-6515
- Via mail: Binghamton University, Financial Aid and Student Records, P.O. Box 6000, Binghamton, NY, 13902-6000
- In person: Admissions Center, Room 112
- Don't know your B-Number? Instead, provide last four digits of your social security number AND date of birth.
- An original signature is required; a request without a signature will not be processed.
- If attachments need to be sent with your paper transcripts, please send the attachment with your request form to Student Records using one of the above methods.
Option 3 - FedEx Delivery
- Create a prepaid FedEx label by clicking on 'Create a Shipment' at www.fedex.com/us.
- Choose one of the following options: 'create a user ID for shipping with an account'; 'create a User ID for shipping with a credit card'; or 'create a one-time credit card shipment.'
- Enter 1 pound for your package weight.
- For a return address: Financial Aid and Student Records, 4400 Vestal Parkway East, Binghamton, NY 13902
- Note: The final amount that you are billed will be based on shipping from our office.
- If you need help ordering your shipping label, please call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339.
- Return a copy of the FedEx label to the Student Records office via one of the following
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: FedEx label attached)
- Fax: 607-777-6515
- In person: Admissions Center, Room 112
- Request paper official transcript through BU BRAIN Self Service.
Enter your FedEx tracking number in the International Access line to allow Student Records staff to match transcript to FedEx shipping label.
For students without BU BRAIN Self Service access, please submit a completed paper transcript request form (pdf, 89KB) along with the FedEx label using one of the methods above.
Important notes about FedEx shipping:
- All shipping charges are the responsibility of the student.
- Transcripts sent via FedEx cannot be sent to a P.O. Box; they must be sent to a physical street address.
- Actual delivery times vary according to recipient's location.
- Requests will be sent out by the next business day.
- You must select 'Priority Overnight' and 'Saturday Delivery' for Saturday delivery when ordering to ship overnight on a Friday.
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS: You must create a FedEx account.
- Only for students enrolled spring 2009 to present with active BU BRAIN accounts.
- Once logged in, choose the Your Records tab, click Online Academic Transcript to print an unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts are not available for students with account holds.
- Email and phone requests will not be honored.
- If your request cannot be completed as requested, you will be contacted via email.