How to Add, Drop
or Withdraw from a Course
Add/Drop Course (Prior to Add/Drop Deadline)
- Access BU BRAIN Self Service via the portal at my.binghamton.edu.
Navigate to course building area
- Upon successful log in, click on “Student” tab
- Then select “Registration”
- Next, choose “Select Term”
- Finally, select “Add/Drop Course”
- Locate the Course Registration Number (CRN), a ﬁve-digit code corresponding to each course
- Enter the CRN in the course ﬁeld at the bottom of the screen
- Then, select “submit changes” to save your added course(s)
- Reminder: Courses may be added until the add/drop deadline.
Remove or drop course(s)
- Beside the course you wish to remove, use the drop down menu to select “web drop”
- Click “submit changes” to update your schedule
- Reminder: Courses may be dropped up until the add/drop deadline
Note: You cannot drop your last class for fall or spring through this process; summer and winter classes can be dropped through this process, but with date restrictions. If you intend to drop your last class, you must fill out a Semester/University Withdrawal form. View more information.
Add/Drop Course (After Add/Drop Deadline - Undergraduate Students Only)
With approval from the instructor and appropriate Academic Advising or Dean's Office, students may late add, drop or withdraw from individual courses. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
A twenty ($20) fee per course will be charged to your student account.
GRADUATE STUDENTS MUST VISIT THE GRADUATE SCHOOL FOR PROPER FORMS.