Confirmation of Enrollment
All students, undergraduate and graduate, are required to complete confirmation of enrollment for the semesters in which they are enrolled (fall, winter, spring and summer).
If confirmation of enrollment is not completed by the deadline posted, all courses will be dropped whether or not the semester bill is paid in full. If courses are dropped because you failed to confirm, you must re-enroll in courses online via BU BRAIN Self Service.
Students who re-register (or who register for the first time after the fifth day of classes), need to confirm their enrollment by the deadline or courses will be dropped on the fifteenth day of classes (for fall and spring semester) whether or not the semester bill is paid in full. Note: drop dates for not completing confirmation of enrollment vary for summer and winter sessions.
Financial aid recipients must confirm enrollment for funds to be applied to your student account balance or generate a refund, if eligible.
Confirming your enrollment acknowledges that you have been presented with and reviewed financial aid, billing and refund policies as required by federal and state agencies, SUNY and Binghamton University. Confirmation of enrollment only takes a few minutes to complete online; follow these easy instructions:
STEP 1: Log in to BU BRAIN Self Service via the Portal at my.binghamton.edu. Click on the BU BRAIN Self Service icon on the left side of the Portal main page.
STEP 2: If you have not yet confirmed enrollment, you will see the following message in a green box at the top of the Home tab: "Click Here to Confirm Enrollment for [semester] or your courses will be dropped on [date] whether or not you've paid your semester bill."STEP 3: You will be presented with information that you are required to review. Please read ALL information carefully. After reading each page (there are three pages total), click “Next Page.”
STEP 4: Then, Accept & Confirm. On page 3, assure the circle to the left of “Accept & Confirm” contains a black dot. Visit the text link to review the details about the financial obligation statement and deadlines. Then click the “Confirm Your Enrollment” button.
You will know that your enrollment is confirmed if you return to the Home tab; you will see the following message in a green box at the top of the tab: "Your [semester] Enrollment has been Confirmed. Thank You."
- If you do not accept and confirm, your semester courses will be dropped.
- If you select the text link “you must exit now” instead of clicking the “Confirm Your Enrollment” button, your semester courses will be dropped. You will also have NOT completed your Confirmation of Enrollment requirement, therefore indicating you are NOT attending Binghamton University.
- If you are unable to confirm your enrollment via BU BRAIN Self Service, you may submit the paper Confirmation of Enrollment form to Financial Aid and Student Records in the Admissions Center, Room 112.
Summer 2015 deadline:
Thursday, 5/28/2015 @ 3:30pm
- Confirm your enrollment via BU BRAIN Self Service once you have registered for at least one course.
- After you confirm, you may still make changes to your schedule through the add/drop deadline.
- If you do not confirm by 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 28, 2015 your summer 2015 courses will be dropped.