Course conflicts occur when a student tries to register for two courses that overlap.
For example, a student wants to register for ENG 101 and CHEM 120. ENG 101 ends at 2 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. CHEM 102 meets on Mondays and Wednesdays only, but each class starts at 1:50 p.m. This creates a course conflict, but it does not mean that you cannot register for both classes.
With instructor approval, a student may register for time conflicting courses. Here are the steps:
- Print the Course Conflict form (pdf, 423KB).
- Complete the course information for both classes.
- Obtain the instructor's signature.
- Students are only required to obtain the signature from the instructor of the course
he/she will be missing time from.
- Going back to our example, if the student will leave early from ENG 101 on Mondays and Wednesdays, the student should obtain the ENG 101 instructor's signature.
- Students are only required to obtain the signature from the instructor of the course he/she will be missing time from.
- Submit completed course conflict form (pdf, 423KB) to Financial Aid and Student Records in the Admissions Center, Room 112.