Application for Degree
Undergraduate students cannot graduate without submitting an Application for Degree (AFD), available on BU BRAIN. The Application for Degree is a required form that notifies the University of a student's intent to fulfill his/her degree requirements at the end of the current semester.
- You must submit an AFD by the deadline posted for the semester you are graduating to guarantee inclusion in the Commencement program.
- If you need to cancel your application or change your diploma address, please email the Degree Coordinator.
- For information on the graduation ceremony, visit the Commencement website.
- NOTE: Students who complete an AFD are not eligible for a time ticket to participate in pre-registration for the next semester.
Successful submission of the AFD:
- Acknowledges your plan to complete your degree requirements
- Ensures your name appears in the Commencement program
- Ensures you receive your diploma, upon completion of your degree requirements, via mail approximately 6-8 weeks after the semester's conclusion
GRADUATE STUDENTS: For information on completing a graduate degree, please visit The Graduate School >>
Federal Aid and fulfilled degree requirements
Once degree requirements are met for a first undergraduate degree, students are no longer eligible for Pell Grant or SEOG funding. On a case-by-case basis, students may be eligible for federal loans if pursuing a double degree or a subsequent undergraduate degree.
Speak with Academic Advisor
To ensure that all degree requirements will be met, students should make an appointment with their academic advisor:
For information about Commencement, including dates and deadlines, a graduation checklist, and FAQs, visit Binghamton's Commencement website.