Search Target

Manage Contact Information

Permanent (home) address

  • This is the default address to which most University mailings are sent. Often this is your parent's address.
  • This is NOT your local apartment address unless your local and permanent addresses are the same.
  • International students should provide their home country’s address unless maintaining a permanent residence in the U.S.
  • To make changes, login to the BU BRAIN at, and select the My Information tab. 

Local address

  • This is your Binghamton-area address that is OFF campus, not your on-campus PO Box. 
  • To make changes, login to the BU BRAIN at, and select the My Information tab.
  • If there is a problem with your on-campus PO Box address, please contact Residential Life at 607-777-2321.

Emergency contact(s)

  • You may have multiple emergency contacts
  • Emergency contact information should be confirmed and/or updated at the beginning of each semester via BU BRAIN.

Emergency Alert: RAVE mobile safety

Rave Mobile Safety provides Binghamton University emergency alerts via text message to those registered with the service.

  • To learn more, go to Rave Emergency Alert System details.
  • To sign up: Go to the Rave website
  • Important note: Emergency alert information is separate from a student's contact/account information maintained by the University Registrar and as displayed in BU BRAIN.
  • Faculty and staff are also encouraged to register for the service.

Diploma address

  • This is the address where we will send your diploma 6-8 weeks following the end of your graduation term.
  • This does not have to be a U.S. address; international addresses are accepted.
  • This is the address you provided on the Application for Undergraduate Degree (AFD).
  • To update or change your diploma address, please contact the Degree Coordinator.

Last Updated: 5/7/18