The Office of Strategic Research Initiatives provides informational briefs on Binghamton University programs, activities, outcomes, and rankings for internal use. We recommend that you use these briefs to inform your project design and strengthen your proposals to external funders.
This material is developed through interviews with key faculty, staff, or students, participation in university activities and events, analysis of institutional, state or national datasets, and review of relevant literature. The briefs will be updated regularly and provide attribution for data sources if you seek more current data or would like to inquire about more information.
Examples of the available information covered in the University Briefs that are commonly needed in proposals are:
- Campus overview with accolades and rankings
- Underrepresented student recruitment and support
- Outcomes from Binghamton’s NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates Sites
- Undergraduate Research Promotes Student Success
- NSF MRI Instrumentation Awards since 2010
- Post-Doc Mentoring Plan
- Research Compliance
- Broader Impacts
- NSF Data Management Plan
- Digital Infrastructure
- Department of Defense Research at Binghamton
Examples of the University Briefs that are in development and will soon be available are:
- Centralized core facilities across campus
- Regional Economic Development
- Undergraduate Education
- STEM Graduate Education
Please note: If you have any information to add to these briefs or suggestions for
other briefs to develop, please contact our office at (607) 777-2931 or email us at email@example.com well in advance of your submission deadline to discuss your needs.