Our residence halls close for December semester on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. and reopen at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020.
All residents (except those in break housing - Mohawk, Delaware, Windham or the Apartments) will need to make plans to leave their communities by this time.
If you live in Break Housing in Mohawk, Windham or Delaware, see specific closing notice for break housing.
If you live in the Apartment Communities – Susquehanna or Hillside – see specific closing notice for apartment communities.
24-hour quiet hours
begin 11:59 p.m. Friday, December 6 and continue through 8 p.m. Friday, December 13.
Unless you are a continuing resident in a break housing hall, all residents, including international students, who plan on remaining in the Binghamton area over break should finalize their off-campus arrangements well before the closing date.
If you are leaving the university and checking out of on-campus housing or making a room change for the spring semester, refer to the instructions sent to you via your B-mail address. If you are moving and have not received such instructions, please contact your community office immediately.
Before leaving your residence hall, you must:
- Unplug all electrical devices including refrigerators; these must be left open with a towel in front to catch any moisture from thawing.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close and lower blinds three-quarters down.
- Remove all perishable food and trash from your room and hall.
- Remove all personal items from bathrooms. All suite bathrooms and corridor-style bathrooms will be cleaned over the break.
- If you leave a vehicle on campus, you must park in Lot G1, M1 or ZZ North or South for snow removal purposes. Find a parking map here.
- Please keep in mind that the heat will be substantially reduced. Plants/fish that may be negatively affected by the temperature change should be taken home.
- If you have a Sabbath key, make sure to return it to your community office as instructed.
Note: Residential Life staff will be checking each room to see that safety and
maintenance conditions have been met.
If you plan to arrive before the halls re-open, you should arrange for a place to stay off campus until the halls open.
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE BREAK!