The residence halls will close for Thanksgiving break at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018
All residents (except those registered to remain in Mohawk, Windham, Delaware, Susquehanna and Hillside) must vacate the halls by this time.
If you live in Break Housing in Mohawk, Windham or Delaware, see specific closing notice for break housing.
If you live in the Apartment Communities – Susquehanna or Hillside – see specific closing notice for apartment communities.
If you need accommodations but are not in a break building, talk to your RD or the staff in the Area Office.
If you will be staying on campus during Thanksgiving Break, register here.
Before leaving your residence hall, you must:
- Unplug all electrical devices (except refrigerators).
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close and lower blinds three-quarters down.
- Remove all perishable food and trash from your room and hall.
- If you leave a car on campus, please park it in Lot G1, M1, or ZZ North or South for security reasons. Find a parking map here >
- Keep in mind that the heat will be substantially reduced. Plants that may be negatively affected by the temperature change should be removed.
Note: Residential Life staff will be checking each room to see that safety and maintenance conditions have been met.
Halls re-open at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 25, 2018.
If you plan to arrive before the halls re-open, you should arrange for a place to stay off campus until the halls open.
Many students bring decorations back to campus after Thanksgiving recess. If you plan to do so, read:
- Holiday Decoration Guidelines for Traditional Communities
- Holiday Decoration Guidelines for Apartment Communities
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE BREAK!