The residence halls will close for winter break at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 3.
All residents (except those registered to remain in Mohawk, Windham, Delaware, Susquehanna, and Hillside) must vacate the halls by this time.
View special closing notices for:
If you are in the Apartments Community or Break Housing and staying in your room for all or part of the recess, please register here no later than Noon on Friday, March 2. It is very important that you register if you are staying in your room so we know who is here in case of an emergency.
Unless you are assigned to a break housing hall as listed above, all residents, including international students, who plan on remaining in the Binghamton area over break, should finalize their off-campus arrangements well before the closing date.
REMINDER: students who do not live in Break housing or Apartments Community are not permitted to stay on campus during winter break.
Before leaving your residence hall, you must:
- Unplug all electrical devices (including refrigerators; these must be left open).
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close and lower blinds three-quarters down.
- Remove all perishable food and trash from your room and hall.
- If you leave a car on campus, please park it in M1, or ZZ North or South for security reasons.
- Please keep in mind that the heat will be substantially reduced. Plants that may be negatively affected by the temperature change should be removed.
Please note: A staff member will be checking each room to see that safety and maintenance conditions have been met.
Halls re-open at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 7.
If you plan to arrive before the halls re-open, you should arrange for a place to stay off campus until the halls open.