Only residents are permitted in our buildings. Residence hall access is restricted to individuals who live within the building. Friends and family are asked to remain outside and can assist students once outside the building.
Our residence halls will close for fall semester at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
All residents including those in the Apartments must vacate the halls by this time.
Before leaving your residence hall, you must:
- Unplug all electrical devices (except refrigerators).
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close and lower blinds three-quarters down.
- Remove all perishable food and trash from your room and hall.
- If you leave a car on campus, please park it in Lots G1, S2 and Y5 for security reasons. NOTE: Cars can be left in these lots during break, but these lots will be left unplowed and may be difficult to access if it snows. Find a parking map here.
- Plan to take home any items you no longer need.
NOTE: a staff member will be checking each room to see that safety and maintenance conditions have been met.
Check our website and your Binghamton University email for information about
pre-move-in testing and spring semester opening.
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE BREAK!
Winter Break Housing
If you need to remain on campus for any portion of the winter break (Nov. 25, 2020 until the start of the spring semester), go to this web page.
Living on Campus Guide Winter 2020–21
The services during winter break (Nov. 25, 2020 – Feb. 4, 2021) are limited. Check the guide for what is available.