The residence halls will close for Winter Break at 10 a.m. December 18, 2021 and reopen at 9 a.m. January 16, 2022.
- $224/week. Students wishing to remain on campus for any portion of a week will be billed for the entire week. Break housing is not offered on a daily basis.
- The billing week runs from Sunday – Saturday. Students will be billed for the entire week even if only here for a portion of the week.
- The break housing charge will be billed to the student’s account upon submission of the Break Housing Application Form. This charge is nonrefundable even if plans change and the student does not remain on campus for the weeks they have selected.
- Students living in the Apartments are not billed for break housing as apartment living encompasses break housing.
Students who submit their dates and then need to add a week after December 16, may do so by emailing email@example.com.
Students opting to remain on campus during winter break should keep the following important information in mind:
- No overnight guests are permitted in the buildings during the break.
- Services will be limited.
- Dining will be available throughout the break. However, options will be limited. There will be no on-campus dining available on Christmas Eve (December 24), Christmas day (December 25), and New Years Day (January 1). Meals are ordered via the Bite APP.
- Buses will be running on a reduced service schedule with no service between December 25 – January 1.
Dining Services during winter break
Over the winter break, the MarketPlace will be open with limited services. Beginning Dec. 18, Binghamton University Dining Services will offer online ordering on the BiteU app for meals when the MarketPlace is closed. For more information about winter break schedules, including how to order on the BiteU app, visit their website.