Returning students who signed up for 2020-21 on-campus housing and no longer plan to live on campus must cancel housing by April 1, 2020.
All cancellations are subject to a $200 cancellation charge.
Cancellation requests submitted after April 1, 2020 will be denied unless the student will no longer be enrolled as a full-time Binghamton University student. See the full cancellation policy below.
Cancellation requests should be submitted to the area office of your 2020-21 housing assignment using the links below.
- Apartments Community Fall 2020 Housing Cancellation Request Form
- College-in-the-Woods Fall 2020 Housing Cancellation Request Form
- Dickinson Fall 2020 Housing Cancellation Request Form
- Hinman Fall 2020 Housing Cancellation Request Form
- Mountainview Fall 2020 Housing Cancellation Request Form
- Newing Fall 2020 Housing Cancellation Request Form
If you are unable to log into the form you need to log out of your personal g-mail account and log into your Binghamton University account.
Housing cancellation policy and deadlines for 2020–2021
- The cancellation deadline for returning students who sign up for housing during the February housing sign-up process is April 1, 2020.
- Students who select a room after the April 1, 2020 cancellation deadline have 14 days from the day they select their room or receive a housing assignment to cancel their housing up until the published residence hall opening date for the semester.
- All students who cancel housing will be billed a $200 cancellation charge regardless of the reason for or timing of the cancellation. Students cancelling housing due to a study abroad program will not be charged the $200 cancellation charge if they submit documentation of their enrollment in a study abroad program.
- Requests to cancel after the stated cancellation deadlines will be denied and the student will be required to pay the entire room charge for the fall and spring semesters. The only exceptions to cancel housing will be for students who are enrolled in a study abroad program or leaving the University.
- Residents who withdraw for the fall semester after November 23, 2020, but remain students at the University for the spring 2021 semester must fulfill the terms of the University Housing License for the spring semester and remain in University housing.
- Fall 2020 residents may request permission to cancel their housing for spring 2021 semester due to graduation, study abroad, exchange program, academic dismissal, transfer of schools, withdrawal or military service. A Request for Housing Cancellation must be submitted and approved no later than November 13, 2020 at 4:30 pm to avoid a $200 late cancellation charge. Approved cancellations after November 13, 2020 will result in a $200 late cancellation charge.
- Students cannot cancel housing after they have occupied their room as defined in Section III.2. of the housing license.