Fall Semester Room Change Process
Beginning September 6, students may submit requests for room changes to the Area Offices following the procedures outlined below. Questions regarding room changes should be directed to the area offices.
- Whenever possible, students with vacancies in their room are given the opportunity to request a roommate prior to the space being offered in the Room Change process.
- Students who do not request a roommate should be prepared to have a roommate assigned.
- Students experiencing a roommate conflict, should speak to their RA/ARC/RD BEFORE submitting a room change form. We recommend following our Got Roommate Conflict? process before submitting this form.
- Students looking to swap rooms with another resident, should email their Area Office. All parties involved in the swap will need to email the Area Office from their B-mail account. ALL emails should clearly list the names and current room number of the students involved in the swap and the specific change being requested.
For all other room change requests follow the steps below:
- Beginning September 6, print the Room Change Request Form (available on Sept. 6). Print 1 copy for each area you are applying to move to.
- Complete the form providing as much specificity as possible.
- Room change offers are based on the criteria (gender, room type, specialty housing interest, etc.) you establish on the room change request form.
- You will only be offered spaces that meet the criteria that you establish.
- You may change your criteria at any time (prior to being offered a reassignment) by contacting the area office and modifying your form.
- Take the completed form to the area office(s) for the area(s) to which you are looking
- If you are applying for a move to multiple different locations you will need to submit a form to each area.
- The room change process will open September 6.
- Room Change Request Forms WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED before that date.
- Forms received on September 6 will be randomized and will NOT be prioritized based on time received.
- Correspondence from the Area Offices will be via your B-mail account. If you do not respond by the stated deadline, your name will be removed from the area's room change list.
- Once you accept a move please notify all other areas to which you have applied so that they can remove you from their list.
- The last date to submit the Room Change Request Form for fall semester is November 30.
- All moves for the fall semester must be completed by December 4.
- Submitting a Room Change Request Form to an area does not guarantee or imply that you either can or will be accommodated.
- This process does not hinder or eliminate Residential Life's prerogative or ability to make changes to housing assignments independent of this process.
- Not all vacant spaces are available for use in the room change process.