Room Change Process
This process is for on-campus residents that want to change rooms for the fall 2018 semester and will be open until November 30.
- If you want to swap rooms with another resident, both students will need to talk to your Area Office.
- If you are experiencing a roommate conflict, please speak to your RA/SR/ARC/RD BEFORE submitting a room change form.
- If you want to move to a different room anywhere on campus follow the process outlined below to place yourself on the room change list for the area(s) to which you want to move.
- Print the Room Change Request Form. You will need to print 1 copy for each area you are applying to move to.
- Complete the form providing as much specificity as you deem necessary and appropriate. You will be offered any space that meets the criteria that you establish. You may change your criteria at any time prior to being offered a reassignment.
- Take the completed form to the area office for the area to which you are applying to move.
- The room change process will be open from September 5 – October 29. Room Change Request forms WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED before September 5. Forms received on September 5 will NOT be prioritized based on time received.
- All moves for the fall semester must be completed by October 29.
- You will be notified via your B-mail account when an area has an open room available for you. If you do not respond by the stated deadline, your name will be removed from the Area's room change list.
- Once you accept a move please notify all other areas to which you have applied so that they can remove you from their list.
- Submitting a Room Change Request Form to an area and being placed on their room change list does not guarantee or imply that you either can or will be accommodated.
- Residential Life's top priority is getting students moved from Super Occupied Housing. Areas will not offer moves until students in Super Occupied Housing within the area have been given the opportunity to move.
- This process does not hinder or eliminate Residential Life's prerogative or ability to make changes to housing assignments independent of this process. Students with openings in their rooms will have the opportunity to request a roommate prior to the space being offered to other students.
- Room change offers are based on the criteria you establish. Spaces will be offered to the first person on the Area's room change list whose criteria is met by the space. Students who are passed over because the available space does not meet their criteria will retain their position on the list.