One of the many benefits of living within our communities is easy access to our expert career consultant and programming specifically developed for career and professional development. Meet Laura O'Neill who works with our residents to help develop resumes and cover letters, explore majors, careers and graduate school options, and find information on jobs and internships.
Binghamton University and Residential Life are excited to have Laura O'Neill as our own in-residence Career and Professional Development Consultant. Laura's main goal is providing outreach and career and professional development education to the residential communities. We know how busy our students are, so we want to make the whole process more convenient and a little less daunting for them. A student's career does not start the day after they graduate from college; it starts their first day of freshman year. We are here to help guide them through their four years. It's not just about helping with job search and grad school prep, but the whole journey such as choosing a major, career exploration, internships, resumes, cover letters, networking, interviewing skills to name a few.
Come meet Laura at one of her walk-in sessions or schedule an appointment with her through hireBING. See directions for making an appointment below. To make it easier on both traditional and non-traditional students, Laura has later afternoon and evening hours available.
- Walk-ins: 5–7 p.m. on Mondays in Hillside Commons
- In-person and virtual appointments: Schedule on hireBING/Handshake
Hillside Area Office 101A
How to schedule an appointment
Please feel free to schedule an appointment at the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development if you feel you need time to discuss in-depth issues. Some of our services, such as mock interviews and career assessment interpretations, require more time and are only offered by appointment. Appointments are 30 minutes.
To schedule an appointment with Fleishman Center staff, please log in to your hireBING account and complete your profile. Once your profile is complete:
- Click "Career Center" in the top navigation of your hireBING homepage
- Select "Appointments" from the dropdown menu
- Click the "Schedule A New Appointment" button at the top of the page
- Select if you are an "Undergraduate" or "Graduate" student
- Choose your Appointment Type from the options provided
- Select your preferred appointment date, time and staff member from the list that appears
- You may enter additional notes describing the nature of your appointment request and click "Request" to secure your appointment