Residential Life MSW Interns
Binghamton Residential Life offers case management services right in our communities. Our staff of interns from the University's Master of Social Work (MSW) program are here to help our residents with life on campus, supporting their transition to young adulthood by providing assistance with social, behavioral, emotional and academic concerns.
MSW interns help by:
- Meeting with students in distress or in need of assistance
- Assisting residents with resolving roommate or interpersonal conflicts
- Conducting wellness checks on residents with history of self-harm, crisis transports and/or other mental health concerns
- Making AOD referrals for students experiencing alcohol or other substance abuse
- Connecting students with other resources available on campus
- Working with student staff in the residence halls to effectively use casework approach
We work with a new group of interns every year. Check back this summer for our new group of interns and their contact information.
Here to Help Resources
If you need help, we've compiled a list of resources and contact information for on and off campus here.