Effective March 18, 2020, MSW interns will no longer be conducting in-person meetings, and will be providing support to students remotely. If you are in need of support, please send one of the MSW interns an email through your bmail account and they will respond to you shortly. Please pay attention to the dates/times the interns are available in order to get a timely response.
Learn more regarding the University’s response to the coronavirus.
Residential Life MSW Interns
Binghamton Residential Life now offers case management services right in our communities. Our staff of interns from the University's Master of Social Work (MSW) program are here to help our residents with life on campus, supporting their transition to young adulthood by providing assistance with social, behavioral, emotional and academic concerns.
MSW Interns help by:
- Meeting with students in distress or in need of assistance
- Assisting residents with resolving roommate or interpersonal conflicts
- Conducting wellness checks on residents with history of self-harm, crisis transports and/or other mental health concerns
- Making AOD referrals for students experiencing alcohol or other substance abuse
- Connecting students with other resources available on campus
- Working with student staff in the residence halls to effectively use casework approach
New interns coming soon!
Our fantastic group of 2019-2020 interns have moved on in their programs but we'll have a new group coming soon. Check back for their background and contact information.
Here to Help Resources
If you need help, we've compiled a list of resources and contact information for on and off campus here.