Mountainview Senior Resident
Mountainview College is looking for students who want to make a difference in residential living. We offer students an opportunity to develop skills of collaborative leadership.
- Collaborate with students to develop a system of community-based governance focused on strategies for college success.
- Engage with residents about personal and academic concerns and get to know the students in the community to be effective in this role.
- Develop programs and services for the community to enhance academic success, high impact learning experiences, develop career readiness and prepare for life after college.
- Engage with the Mountainview community and facilitate dialogue among members of the community daily.
- Requires 20 hours per week, the hours are flexible around the needs of the community.
- Regular staff meetings are tentatively scheduled for Tuesdays 3 to 4 p.m. and can only be missed for courses to complete major requirements.
- Participation in night and weekend duty rotation for crisis situations.
- Return to campus in advance of students to prepare the buildings and participate in training.
Compensation includes a single room in Mountainview community and a "D" meal plan for each semester a Senior Resident is employed.
How to Apply
In addition to the application, we require you to upload a cover letter and resume to hireBing. Search for "Binghamton University - Mountainview College" or "Senior Resident." In your cover letter, outline your ability to fulfill the position in the following ways:
- Your experience and knowledge of high impact learning
- What you believe the benefits of living on campus are
- How you would be able to create an intentionally inclusive community
- Describe your own academic curiosity – both who you are as a student and as a lifelong learner
All application materials are due by Tuesday, December 5, 11:59 p.m.