The schedule for future programs, workshops and seminars throughout 2018 including
Quickbooks, Tax Seminar and Human Recourses are currently under development
and will be posted as developed.
Small Business Development Center at Binghamton University
SMALL BUSINESS TRAINING PROGRAM
Are you starting a business? Are you already in business and need an entrepreneurial "tune-up"? The Small Business Training Program is for you. Strengthen your opportunities for business success with this entrepreneurial training program. Learn from the experts how to build your idea into a profitable venture.
The classes take place on two (2) consecutive Thursday's. Each session is a full day of classroom training beginning at 9:00 am and ending at 4:30 pm. The sessions are offered seasonally on a regular basis and there are approximately two each year.
All sessions are included in the price of $75.00. An SBDC Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of the 2nd session. This Certificate is a requirement of the Otsego County and City of Oneonta Microenterprise Grant Program. More importantly, you will walk away with valuable knowledge, ideas, motivation and resources.
Thursday, November 1, 2018
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Thursday, November 8, 2018
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Otego Now Offices
189 Main Street
5th Floor, Suite 500
Oneonta, NY 13820
To Register: Call Michelle Catan at 607-267-4010 ext 105
Make check for $75.00 payable to: The Research Foundation of SUNY. Mail to: SBDC, Michelle Catan, 189 Main St, Suite 500, Oneonta, NY 13820
11/1/18 Basics of Owning your Business (9 am – 4:30 pm)
- Learn what it takes to own your own business and to build market share
- Discover how to avoid risks and improve your chances of success
- Evaluate your leadership style and predict your success
- Assess the financial and market feasibility of your business
- Hear a presentation by a local banker on how to finance your business
- Learn methods to set up and maintain your business records from an accountant Basics of a Business Plan outline
- Learn about market research, marketing strategies, competitive analysis, pricing, and operations. Find out about marketing via the Internet and branding.
- Hear a presentation by an insurance agent about the types of coverage you need to protect your business, your family and you
11/8/18 Managing by the Numbers and Making Essential Decisions
(9 am – 4:30 pm)
- Discover how to understand and develop financial statements – the key to effective planning, decision-making and profits
- Learn about hiring employees, dealing with suppliers, planning your inventory and launching your grand opening
- Understand the basics of sales, advertising, networking and customer service
- Find out what you need to know from a small business attorney about choosing the right business entity and how to handle other legal issues*
- Hear how an entrepreneur started his or her business, overcame challenges and became successful*
Only your check will ensure your registration as class size is limited. No refunds after classes start. Call today to register with SBDC Advisor Michelle Catan at 607-267-4010 ext 105.
*Dates of the speakers' presentations might change based on their availability.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Michelle Catan at 607-267-4010 X105.
*Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.