Harpur - Watson - CCPA
Transfer or double degree
1. Prior to applying, Scholars must first obtain careful advice from an academic advisor (mandatory) and relevant faculty (optional) to be sure that the requirements of the desired major are fully understood.
2. The deadline to apply for entry into the desired major is March 15 of the freshman year for those Scholars intending to begin a desired major at the start of the fall semester of the sophomore year.
3. For Scholars wishing to begin the desired major in the spring semester of the freshman year, the deadline to apply is November 15. Scholars must see an academic advisor (mandatory) and relevant faculty (optional) during the fall semester of the freshman year to determine a strategy for possibly taking courses in the new major during the spring semester.
4. Scholars will not be considered for entry into the desired program until grades from the fall semester are posted. In some cases, consideration may not be made until the spring semester grades are also posted. Please check with an advisor from the program you are applying to for preferred application timing and the timeframe for application decisions.
1. Speak with an advisor (mandatory) and relevant faculty (optional) from the program you are applying to.
2. Note and adhere to the application deadlines of November 15 or March 15.
3. Information and instructions for submitting an application are available at the following link. In order to take advantage of the guarantee, the application must be submitted no later than March 15 of the freshman year. http://www.binghamton.edu/admissions/apply/current/.
4. As soon as the required form is submitted, then immediately email Professor Ziegler firstname.lastname@example.org and provide
a. Your full formal name
d. Current GPA as stated on your transcript
e. Current degree program (or state undeclared if applicable)
f. Desired degree program
g. Indicate if you wish to enroll in a double degree or double major and if so, list both degrees/majors
h. Name of advisor you spoke to in the degree program you are applying to (this is required) to ensure you understand where you will stand in the new curriculum)