Scholars Program Requirements for the
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SOPPS):
Guaranteed First-Year Transfer for Scholars:
The guaranteed first-year transfer to any major in any school/college at Binghamton, does not apply to the SOPPS because students are not enrolled in SOPPS until the conclusion of the sophomore year at the earliest.
Guaranteed Admission to the SOPPS for Scholars:
Scholars in good standing (GPA of at least 3.25 and all Scholars required course work completed on schedule) ARE GUARANTEED enrollment in the SOPPS at the conclusion of their sophomore year (or later), pending an interview with the SOPPS and completion of a PharmCAS application. Full details follow below.
SOPPS Advising and Admission Prerequisites for Scholars:
· Scholars applying to the SOPPS must first meet with Rachael Perry, Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org
· The PCAT exam is NOT required for Scholars students.
· SCHL127 Thinking Like Leonardo DaVinci fulfills the Social/Behavioral Science Pharmacy prerequisite.
· Any Scholars course with a W, J, or C general education designation will meet the English I Pharmacy prerequisite.
· A second Scholars course with a W, J, or C will meet the English II Pharmacy prerequisite.
· Some SCHL280/281 courses will meet other Pharmacy prerequisites depending on the course. Rachael Perry, Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs will make that determination.
Any questions regarding the SOPPS including the application process should be directed to Rachael Perry, Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs email@example.com