This wording can be added to faculty syllabi to support students:
If you are experiencing personal or academic stress at any time during the semester or if you need to talk with someone about a personal situation, I encourage you to seek support as soon as possible. I am available to talk with you about stresses related to your work in my class. Additionally, I can assist you in reaching out to any one of a wide range of campus resources, including:
- Dean of Students Office CARE Team: 607-777-2804
- Decker Student Health Services Center: 607-777-2221
- Office of International Student and Scholar Services: 607-777-2510
- University Counseling Center: 607-777-2772 (Press 2 for their afterhours line)
- University Police: 911 or 607-777-2222 (Emergency)
- VARCC: 607-777-3010
- University Ombudsman: Main campus 607-777-2388 or University Downtown Center office 607-777-2388
- Find out about more resources at Binghamton and the community check out the Binghamton Support Network: https://binghamton.concerncenter.com/
Students who would like to request academic accommodations to ensure their equitable access to and participation in this course should notify the instructor as soon as they are aware of the need for such arrangements. Official accommodation needs to be established through Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Please visit the SSD website or contact SSD at 607-777-2686 (for voice and TTY), at firstname.lastname@example.org or in University Union Room 119 for more information.
If you disclose experiencing sexual violence, including sexual harassment, dating and domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking, please keep in mind as your instructor I am required to report that information to the Title IX Office. Following my report to them, you will likely be contacted by email in order to provide you with on- and off-campus resources and the option to speak with someone about your rights and available options. To find out more information about private and confidential resources on and off campus please visit the Title IX website.