The ice rink is currently closed due to campus COVID precautions.
Binghamton University invites all students, faculty and staff to visit our new outdoor ice skating rink for the spring 2021 semester! Beginner or a pro, this is a great place to meet people and get some exercise. We look forward to seeing you on the ice!
Old Dickinson Co-Rec Field (across from C-4).
Open every day, noon–8 p.m., from Feb. 5 through March 17.
Ice skate rentals
Ice skates will be available in a variety of sizes FREE of charge for all current Binghamton University students, faculty and staff.
Ice rink rules
- Skating is permitted only during operating hours.
- Ice hockey, sports or aerial moves are not permitted.
- The university is not responsible for unclaimed belongings.
Policies and procedures
- All skaters must check-in showing a BU ID before entering the ice skating rink.
- All skaters must leave their Binghamton University ID card when renting ice skates.
- ID cards will be kept by ice rink monitor staff while you're on the ice.
- When finished skating, return ice skates and your ID card will be returned.
- You must check in and check out even if you are using your own ice skates.
- All skaters must review and sign the “Voluntary Agreement for Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Form.” Information will be kept securely on file with ice rink monitor staff.
- The ice rink may be closed at times during operating hours due to regular maintenance and resurfacing of the ice as well as during times of inclement weather.
- The ice rink will be limited to 30 skaters to support density measures.
- Masks and face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Skaters must be separated by 6 ft. while on the ice rink.
Questions about the ice rink?
Contact Peter Nardone, General Manager of The Union, at email@example.com.