Çağlar Keyder's research has focused on the Ottoman Empire, the contemporary Middle East and Turkey. His most recent work is on the social structure of global cities.
- PhD, MA, University of California at Berkeley
- BA, Yale University
- Historical Sociology
- Urban Sociology
- Sociology of Law
- "A History and Geography of Turkish Nationalism," in F. Birtek and T. Dragonas eds.,Citizenship and the Nation-State in Greece and Turkey, Routledge, 2005.
- "La Turquie: de la Peripherie au Centre," Diogene, no. 210, Spring 2005.
- "Globalization and Social Exclusion in Istanbul," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 29, 1, March 2005.
- "Europe as Alternative Empire: A View from the Periphery," in Faruk Tabak ed., Allies as Rivals: The U.S., Europe, and Japan in a Changing World-System, Paradigm Press, 2005.
- "A History and Geography of Turkish Nationalism," in State and Nation in Greece and Turkey.