- Acquire enhanced skills and analytical abilities for evaluating current healthcare delivery systems and processes
- Take classes on Saturdays only in a convenient location
- Gain competitive positioning for roles designed to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, safety, cost and quality of healthcare delivery processes, operations and systems
- Enjoy regular networking opportunities with industry guest speakers and access to a variety of career assistance services
- Pursue career opportunities in:
- Healthcare institutions
- Universities and medical centers
- Manufacturers of healthcare products
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Architectural and construction firms
- Management consulting firms
- Health insurance companies
- Research and planning organizations
- Governmental and nonprofit agencies
- Plus many more!
The WISE Advantage
The Watson Institute for Systems Excellence (WISE) is a research institute for advanced studies at Binghamton University. WISE, in conjunction with the Department of Systems Science and Industrial Engineering (SSIE), has been conducting innovative research in the area of healthcare for a number of years.
WISE brings graduate students together with federal and industry sponsors to conduct innovative research. Students attend graduate school and also work in an exciting industry-based research, earning them real-life experience, making invaluable contacts, collaborating closely with distinguished faculty and performing cutting-edge research. SSIE and WISE faculty and staff played a major role in developing this program.
It is through these WISE experiences that the faculty are able to bring current and relevant information to the classroom in this exciting Executive Master of Science in Health Systems.
For more information on how WISE is helping to re-engineer healthcare, you may also want to read Healthcare gets WISE: Industrial and Systems Engineers Help Cure Some of Healthcare's Ills.