Research & Critical Inquiry Showcase
The inaugural Research & Critical Inquiry Showcase will feature the scholarship of students currently enrolled in courses offered by the Student Affairs Administration (SAA) graduate program. The Showcase provides students an opportunity to discuss their research and scholarship with audiences external to the department, and offers the University community an opportunity to learn more about how these students engage scholarship. The showcase will be held Tuesday, November 27, 2018, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the University Downtown Center lobby. There will be traditional poster and digital posters on display for the academic community.
Students earning Best of Showcase Awards will receive a one year membership to a student affairs professional association: Association for Orientation, Transition, Retention in Higher Education (NODA), Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA), College Student Educators International (ACPA), Association of College and University Housing Officers – International (ACUHO-I), or The Global Community for Academic Advising (NACADA).
Research & Critical Inquiry Showcase Presenter Guidelines:
- Submit presentation topics via the online submission form by November 6, 2018.
- Prepare a visual presentation: traditional poster or poster with multimedia components.
- Traditional Poster – Standard academic poster sizes 48" x 36"with hard or soft backing and horizontal orientation.
- Poster with Multimedia Components – using requested digital monitors to present a static or dynamic digital object focused on the research or critical inquiry project. This may be designed using Office 365 Tools (e.g. Sway, PowerPoint), videos and interactive images (e.g. Powtoon, Adobe Spark), infographic tools (e.g. Piktochart), or other similar digital platforms.
- Set up your presentation in your assigned location during the showcase; set-up time period will be noted in your confirmation email after registration.
- Have a representative present at your assigned location for the entirety of the Showcase.
Students and faculty with questions about the Research & Critical Inquiry Showcase should contact Dr. Natesha L. Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.