4+1/Accelerated Programs in Student Affairs Administration
The 4+1/ accelerated programs within CCPA allow you to take undergraduate classes for your first three years, then get a head start on your graduate coursework during your senior year. In your fourth (senior) year, you combine bachelor- and master-level courses into your schedule and graduate with your bachelor’s degree. In your fifth year, you are admitted to the Graduate School and focus solely on the coursework to complete your master’s degree.
If you have declared one of these majors, you are eligible to apply for a 4+1 track:
- BS Human Development
- Any Harpur BA major (excluding fine arts majors)
Benefits of pursuing a 4+1 degree
- Save time: Earn your master’s degree in one year instead of two.
- Save money: Pay graduate tuition for only one year.
- Take advantage of the value: Binghamton oﬀers an Ivy-caliber education at a state university tuition.
- Strengthen your marketability: Graduate degrees hone job-related skills in communications, research methods, data analysis, teamwork and big-picture thinking — skills sought out by employers worldwide.
- Increase your earning potential: Salaries for people holding master’s degrees are on average $10,000 higher than for those with bachelor’s degrees.
If you are interested in applying and your major is not included in the list above, let us know!