From Students to Alumni
As you get ready to graduate we thought you should know some of the key University
resources that remain available to you, as well as a few things to help you with that
transition. Once you graduate from the University you are a member of the Alumni Association
which provides you with opportunities to expand your professional network, deepen
your knowledge base and show your school spirit. We welcome you to stay connected!
Your Binghamton email address will remain active forever, but we know you may not be checking it very much. We may be sending you official communication (e.g. transcripts, etc.) so we encourage you to either provide an updated email address or forward your Bmail to another email account.
- Open your @binghamton.edu account. At the top right, click the gear .
- Select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click Add a Forwarding Address in the “Forwarding” section.
- Enter the email address you want to forward to.
- For your security, Gmail will send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
- Click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser. Look for the reload icon .
- On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a Copy of Incoming Mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Your PODS ID and password also remain active and you will use them to order an academic transcript through BU Brain.
The Alumni Association provides services, networking opportunities, and product discounts to you through a variety of channels.
There is no cost to join the Alumni Association which provides you with information through Alumni Association Main Page, B-Connected, and our LinkedIn Professional Network. Make sure to follow us on Instagram @BInghamtonAlum and check out our website to see more of what we have to offer you.
Friday-Sunday, Oct. 5-8
NYS Get on Your Feet Loan Forgiveness Program
This new program provides up to 24 months of federal student loan debt relief to recent NYS college graduates who are participating in a federal income-driven repayment plan whose payments are generally capped at 10 percent of their discretionary income.
The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development offers individual counseling (in person or telephone appointment and email) to Binghamton University graduates up to six months after graduation. Alumni seeking individual assistance for career change or job search are encouraged to contact their local resources for assistance.
The Fleishman Center is happy to provide access to the hireBING system for all Binghamton students and alumni.
Your Alumni Association wants to help you build a successful career, and we are happy to provide you with guidance and assist you with tapping into our global network of 120,000 alumni.
Contact us if you'd like to be a Career Toolkit contributor.