About Broome County HEARS
BC HEARS (Higher Education Access, Retention and Success) is a State University of New York (SUNY) Excel Grant-funded program. It functions as a partnership program among Binghamton University, SUNY Broome and Broome County Promise Zone.
"Through multi-institutional partnership, BC HEARS facilitates mentorship, tutoring and community engagement, collectively creating a pathway for adults to further their education, empower themselves and promote social equity."
BC HEARS focuses on six different populations. If you or someone you know fits within one of these six groups and are interested in accessing education, contact us!
- Broome County residents who are interested in pursuing their TASC (high school equivalency).
- Broome County residents who are college-ready.
- SUNY Broome students who have stopped or dropped out after completing 45 or
more credits and have no degree.
- Binghamton University students who have stopped or dropped out after
completing 110 or more credits and have no degree.
- Binghamton University students who have transferred from SUNY Broome
without a degree and are eligible for a reverse transfer.
- Binghamton University students from SUNY community colleges other than
SUNY Broome who are eligible for a reverse transfer.
If you or an organization you know of would like to partner with BC HEARS, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.