TASC Opportunities in Broome County
Interested in earning your high school equivalency? Broome County offers several
opportunities to help you earn your high school equivalency! Along with exam locations,
Broome County also offers programs to help you prepare for the exam.
BC HEARS will be offering individual one on one tutoring for TASC. For tutoring times and locations, please click here! Participants will still need to enroll in a official TASC program during tutoring. We have partnered with BOCES to work with GRASP.
TASC is a five test exam covering topics in Language Arts - Writing, Language Arts - Reading, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics. In all, the TASC test takes take 7+ hours to complete.
TASC Preparation Programs:
Binghamton City School District: 607-763-4863
For individuals 19+
New students take reading and math assessment to ensure proper placement
Assessment is offered every day from 9-11:30 a.m. at United Presbyterian School (42 Chenango Street, Binghamton, NY)
Class hours: 9-2:30 p.m. M-F
Evening classes held at American Civic Association (131 Front St. Binghamton, NY - 607-343-7532): Tuesday & Thursday 6-8 p.m.
To enroll in night program, take night assessment Tuesday or Thursday at 6 p.m.
Broome/Tioga BOCES: 607-763-3638
Offer TASC/High School Equivalency classes for 18+ or a home study program (GRASP: Giving Ready Adults a Study Program) for 21+.
First step is attending a registration meeting: Includes assessment testing in reading and math. After registering, students can enroll in any of the following TASC/high school equivalency classes:
- Broome County Workforce NY (171 Front St., Binghamton, NY)
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 3:30 p.m.-ABE
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.-TASC Instruction
- Registration: Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- Johnson City Learning Center (500 Main St., Johnson City, NY)
- Monday through Thursday, 9:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Registration: Friday, 9:00 - 12:30 p.m.
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church (200 Jefferson Ave., Endicott, NY)
- Monday through Thursday, 9:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Broome-Tioga Workforce New York: 607-778- 2136
STEP~UP program is offered in collaboration by Broome-Tioga Workforce New York, Cornell University Cooperative Extension and the Broome County Urban League to provide young adults ages 18 to 21 the tools they need to succeed in today’s careers.
Offer opportunties in:
- Occupation Training
- Work Experience
- Nationally Recognized Internet & Core Computing Certification (IC3)
- Nationally Recognized Work Readiness Credential
- TASC Preparation Classes
- Literacy Tutoring
- Assistance in Searching for Employment
- Employment Placement
Family Enrichment Network: 607-723- 8313 (ext. 875)
- Call for more details
Literacy Volunteers: 607-778- 6406
- Offer preparation for high school equivalency exam for adults
- Call for more details