Policies and Disclosures
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Annual Security and Fire Report
- Binghamton University Bulletin
- Code of Student Conduct
- Communication of Student Information
- Interpersonal Violence Prevention Assault Website
- Sex Offender Registry Information
- Social Media Guidelines
- Student Handbook
- Release of Student Records Form
- Release of Student Information Form (FERPA)
- Withdrawal Forms
- Decker Student Health Services Center Release Form
- University Counseling Center Release Form
Release of Student Records
Under the provisions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) students may authorize the release of their student record information to parents, guardians, or others whom they designate. Using the Release of Student Information Form (pdf 183kb), students must identify what information may be released, the person, department or office that is authorized to provide the information, the party to which the information may be released and the purpose for releasing the information. Students should list all parties authorized to release and or receive information.
Once completed, the form should be sent or taken to the designated person or office. A faxed release form is acceptable, but should be followed by the original signed form mailed or delivered to the appropriate office. Office and department addresses, telephone and fax numbers may be located in the Department Directory.
The above form may not be used for release of records from the Decker Student Health Services Center or the University Counseling Center. Students must submit the specific release form associated with each of these departments.
Students may revoke their permission to release records by notifying, in writing, the person, department or office that they previously authorized.