Voiding Student Conduct Records
- Requests to have a record expunged cannot be submitted until 6 months after the last sanction has ended. This will allow adequate separation from the case as well as time for adequate reflection on the part of the student.
- Expunging will apply to a total file rather than a single case from a file containing multiple cases.
- Expulsion cases are not eligible to be expunged.
- Suspension cases will not be considered for expunging until after the student graduates.
- For cases involving sanctions other than suspension or expulsion, records will not
be expunged if any of the following factors apply to the student:
- The student is on the University's Student of Concern list
- The student is not in good academic standing with the University
- The sanction involves loss of contact with a person who is a current Binghamton University faculty, staff member or student
- The student is on hold for incomplete sanctions
- There is an incident in the student's file involving sexual misconduct, or other behaviors which pose a continued threat to the health and safety of members of the University community.
- Factors that enhance the probability that the request to expunge will be granted include:
- Demonstrated leadership and positive contributions to the campus community
- Demonstrated personal reflection and growth since the time of the incident
- The existence of a record based on a single low-level offense