The Department of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Leadership is accepting applications for our Apprenticeship Program! Launched in the fall 2021, the program allows students to gain valuable paid clinical experiences while working within local partner school districts.
About the program
This program allows students to complete their New York State Education Department fieldwork requirements while following the school district calendar five days a week, from September through June.
- Earning an annual stipend of $25,000 per year ($12,500 per semester).
- Participating in staff professional development and training opportunities.
- Taking part in networking opportunities and collaborating with school district administrators.
- Gaining valuable feedback while gaining required clinical experiences under the mentorship of an experienced teacher in your certification area.
Teacher candidates accepted into the program work directly with school districts by providing support in a range of areas, including:
- Drop-in centers
- Academic intervention services
- Course recovery programs
- Small and large group instruction
- Social-Emotional Support
- Substitute Teaching
How to Apply
To apply, contact the TLEL Office of Clinical Education: email@example.com
Applicants must have been accepted into a TLEL graduate program in order to be eligible. Applications for the apprenticeship program are due on April 15th.
Candidates will be notified of their acceptance into the apprenticeship program in the early summer.