The Upward Bound Summer Program promotes academic success and college access for first-generation and low-income students by providing a living/learning environment at Binghamton University for six-weeks each summer.
The goals of the summer program are to provide participants with:
- Experiencing college life in a residential community at Binghamton University
- Fun social activities/trips to enhance community building
- Hands-on workshops to enhance academic performance
- Proactive career exploration and financial wellness workshops
- College tours and cultural enrichment trips
- Hands-on credit-bearing high school and college courses with the opportunity to prepare for the upcoming school year and/or recovery credit from the prior school year