Alpenglow, Binghamton University Undergraduate Journal of Research and Creative Activity
Art Editor Job Description
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29th, 2017
Start Date: October 2017
Duration: Fall 2017- Spring 2018 (workload mostly in Spring 2018)
Position type: Volunteer
The Binghamton University Undergraduate Research Center will publish its fourth annual online journal, Alpenglow, in Spring 2018. The journal will feature work from undergraduates across all disciplines of study in a variety of formats. For more information about the journal, visit https://www.binghamton.edu/undergraduate-research-journal/
We are seeking an undergraduate student to work alongside the Editorial Board to help create cover art for the upcoming issue and images for selected published articles.
It is anticipated that the art editor will to need to spend approximately 5-7 hours per week (Spring 2018) completing tasks related to the journal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create/commission cover art for the journal
• Create/commission art for article thumbnails (if needed)
• Collaborate with the Editorial Board to create journal layout
• Offer suggestions for showcasing creative submissions in the journal
• Attend editorial board meetings 1-2 times per semester
• Current Binghamton University undergraduate (preferably sophomore, junior or senior)
• Students in any department may apply, but preference will be given to individuals with experience in Graphic Design and/or the arts.
• A keen creative visual sense
• Good communication skills to confidently and clearly present design ideas
• Ability to adhere to deadlines
• Possess some knowledge about page design software and the internet
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work alone and as a member of a team to accomplish goals
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume, two photos of samples of your work and names and emails of two references (at least one of the references should be a Binghamton University Professor) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of ART EDITOR APPLICATION.