About the program
The Watson College Scholars Program is an academic and professional development initiative, funded by large multinational organizations, to increase the diverse representation of those in the fields of engineering and computer science. This program creates an opportunity for participants to engage with industry sponsors as well as faculty and program scholars.
The Watson College Scholars Program provides high-impact opportunities and academic support to serve as a pipeline to graduate study, or a professional career in engineering or computer science. Our goal is to develop future innovators and leaders who will enter graduate school and the workforce as global citizens with the depth and breadth of professional and technical skill development and experiential diversity aptitude.
Eligible participants must qualify as economically disadvantaged (Pell-eligible). In selecting students for the program, priority is given to applicants from historically underrepresented or disadvantaged backgrounds. Participants must maintain enrollment in Watson College and make successful academic progress in a Watson College degree program, while actively participating in program activities. Participants are expected to maintain a 3.0 GPA; those who fall under a 3.0 GPA may be placed on probation or removed from the program.
Benefits for Participants
- Academic support
- $2,000 non-tuition scholarship per year, for four years (two years for transfer students)
- Internship placement assistance
- Job placement opportunities
- Mentoring and networking opportunities with multinational organizations
- Global experience opportunities
- Community service/service-learning opportunities
How to Enroll/Next Steps
There is no separate application for the Watson College Scholars Program. All undergraduate applicants to Watson College are evaluated for participation and invitations are sent to selected students. Students who wish to accept their invitation, must:
- Pay the Binghamton University enrollment deposit no later than May 1.
- Register by filling out the enrollment form on the status checker.