Career Preparation Tools & Guidance
Resources and Tools:
- Organizing Your Skills: Resume and Cover Letter Templates & Other Resources
- Action Verb List
- 30 Second Commercial
- Career BINGO- Complete to win a Watson padfolio!
- Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Employment Information
Mock interviews & interviewing tips:
- You may find interviewing exciting or scary, but they are still a part of most employment searches. One of the best ways to calm the nerves or focus your energy is to prepare and plan how you will best market yourself.
- Being true to yourself is important for you as well as the organization, but always be professional.
- For additional information, please visit the Alumni Association's Career-Toolkit.
- There are opportunities to do mock interviews with our office, as well as the Fleishman Center.
- Check out Big Interview, and interactive interview preparation tool.
- Watson 105: Engineering Career Institute
Ready to find a job? Search on one of the following platforms:
- Landing.Jobs (for European positions)
- Jobbatical.com (for global job seekers)
- CTurtle.co (International Alumni Network in Asia)
Watson Class of 2018 | Senior Survey Results
Every year, Binghatmon University surveys it's graduating undergraduate students to determine their post-graduation plans and outcomes. These surveys provide valuable insight into the employment and countinuing education plans of our talent alumni.
- All Watson Majors
- BioMedical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Industial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Finding Your Fit:
The Watson School is a diverse collection of students, faculty, and staff, with unique perspectives and experiences. We hope that our students find their fit in industries and at organizations that value the skills they have learned here at Binghamton University, as well as the facets of their identities that make them who they are. Check out these resources to find companies and organizations that value and promote a diverse workforce!
For International Students:
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security captures data from SEVP-certified schools and active international students to create lists of the top 200 employers who hired pre- and post-completion OPT students (PDF), STEM OPT students (PDF), and CPT students in 2017. Check out the data below to help you find employers in the U.S. that hire international students:
More resources, articles, and whitepapers: