Career Preparation Tools & Guidance
Check out the new Watson Career and Alumni Connections Professional Development Fund!
The Watson Career and Alumni Connections Professional Development Fund supports Watson students’ participation in professional development conferences, seminar, and/or events. Funds are available to support activities that take place from now through June 30, 2020. Support is intended to help Watson undergraduate and graduate students defray the cost of participating in a professional development opportunity and can cover registration and/or lodging expenses associated with the event.
Eligible students can apply for funds via this form. To see elibility criteria, follow the link to the form.
This form will reopen in summer 2020 for applications for 2020-21.
WTSN 105: Engineering Career Institute
In 4 one-hour sessions, students will learn how to:
- Learn and practice techniques to organize and execute a successful job/internship search & master the art of networking
- Construct and perfect your technical resume & and cover letter
- Prepare for and sell yourself in an interview
- Follow-up actions after interview & successfully starting your employment
- Organizing Your Skills: Resume and Cover Letter Templates & Other Resources
- Action Verb List
- 30 Second Commercial
- Career BINGO- Complete to win a Watson padfolio!
- Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development
- International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Employment Information
Check out our Watson Student Drive!
Webinars on Demand:
- COVID-19 Career Insights Alumni Panel with EY, Google and Lifespan: This power panel of Binghamton alumni discusses the state of hiring trends, industry changes and job market projections for internships and full-time employment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Watson Alumni Panel
Mock interviews & interviewing tips:
- You may find interviewing exciting or scary, but they are still a part of most employment searches. One of the best ways to calm the nerves or focus your energy is to prepare and plan how you will best market yourself.
- Being true to yourself is important for you as well as the organization, but always be professional.
- For additional information, please visit the Alumni Association's Career-Toolkit.
- There are opportunities to do mock interviews with our office, as well as the Fleishman Center.
- Check out Big Interview, and interactive interview preparation tool.
Interested in Graduate School?
Check out Gradschoolmatch to explore graduate schools and programs based on your career goals and academic interests!
You can also learn more information about the Watson School's many graduate programs by clicking here!
Ready to find a job? Search on one of the following platforms:
- Chegg Internships
- Landing.Jobs (for European positions)
- Jobbatical.com (for global job seekers)
- CTurtle.co (International Alumni Network in Asia)
Watson Class of 2019| Senior Survey Results
Every year, Binghatmon University surveys it's graduating undergraduate students to determine their post-graduation plans and outcomes. These surveys provide valuable insight into the employment and countinuing education plans of our talent alumni.
- All Watson Majors
- BioMedical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Industial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Finding Your Fit:
The Watson School is a diverse collection of students, faculty, and staff, with unique perspectives and experiences. We hope that our students find their fit in industries and at organizations that value the skills they have learned here at Binghamton University, as well as the facets of their identities that make them who they are. Check out these resources to find companies and organizations that value and promote a diverse workforce!
- Jobs and Employment Resources for People With Cognitive Disabilities
For International Students:
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security captures data from SEVP-certified schools and active international students to create lists of the top 200 employers who hired pre- and post-completion OPT students (PDF), STEM OPT students (PDF), and CPT students in 2017. Check out the data below to help you find employers in the U.S. that hire international students:
More resources, articles, and whitepapers: