Mailing Instructions for 17-Month Extension of OPT Application
The 17-Month Extension of OPT Application is processed in 2 steps. The first step is for the ISSS to prepare an I-20 for 17-month Extension of OPT. Once you receive that I-20 you need to mail your application to the USCIS Lockbox Facility that serves the region of the United States where you reside. You will find the address for your USCIS Lockbox Facility on page 3 of the Student Checklist for OPT 17-Month Extension of OPT.
You must include the following items in your 17-month Extension of OPT Application:
- Form G-1145 attached to Form I-765
- Form I-765
- Check or money order for $380
- Photocopy of I-94 (both sides)
- You can download your I-94 here: http://www2.binghamton.edu/isss/travel/i94download.html
- Photocopy of previous EAD, (both sides)
- 2 photos (see instructions on checklist)
- Photocopy of SEVIS I-20 endorsed for 17-Month Extension of OPT
- Signature on third page must be within 30 days
- Photocopies of all previous I-20s
- Photocopy of identity pages in passport, including picture
- Copy of your most recent degree showing approved STEM field of study. This can be a copy of your diploma, an official transcript, or an unofficial transcript.