Awards and Grants
Distinguished Service Award
To highlight campus professionals who have made invaluable contributions to the campus community and to their profession through exemplary service. Eligible applicants include all Professional Staff Senate Represented Employees from the Research Foundation, M/C and UUP.
- The two DSA award recipients shall be determined by the end of the Spring Semester each year.
- Formal recognition will take place at the annual Senate constituency luncheon in the fall and includes a framed certificate and monetary award.
- The awardees will also be appropriately recognized in Senate and University publications.
- And, the names of the awardees will be added to the Distinguished Service Award plaque on display in the lobby of the Couper Administration Building.
The initial charge of this committee shall be to create criteria for this award in accordance with the wishes of the Senate. The Distinguished Service Award Committee shall also solicit nominations from the Binghamton University community and select two professionals who have made invaluable contributions to the campus community and to their profession through exemplary service. The selection committee shall be composed of one member from each Division represented in Senate.
To nominate someone for this award please fill out this form.
Distinguished Service Award Winners
The Professional Development Grant offers financial reimbursement to campus professionals for professional development, growth, and/or advancement. Eligible applicants include employees from the areas of Research Foundation, M/C, and UUP.
Submission due date is February 27, 2017 for Spring 2017.
- The Professional Development Grant reimburses Professional Employees for past or future professional development, growth, and/or advancement activities taking place within January 1, 2017 - May 31, 2017.
- Recipients will be notified no later than March 20, 2017.
- Awarded funds will be distributed once the activity is completed and receipts have been submitted.
- Receipts must be submitted 30 days from notice of winning the award or May 31, whichever comes first. Failure to do so will result is lack of funding.
Only projects or activities from the following categories will be considered:
- Basic, applied or historical research
- Curriculum or instructional material development
- Workshop, seminar, internship or course (not covered by Contract Article 46/SUNY tuition waiver)
- Conference participation or attendance
- Preparation of material for publication
- Grant proposal development
- Artistic or creative endeavors
- Professional reading or independent study
- Other work-related professional development projects or activities
Examples of Types of Support
- Registration fees for conference or workshop
- Travel and related expenses (includes lodging and meals)
- Research support (e.g., computer time, network access or support, clerical support)
- Course related supplies.
No reimbursement will be made for
- The expenses already funded by departments/organizations/other sources. Please submit only the expenses that the department is not paying for.
- Stipends, compensation, personal expenses, or purchase of equipment
- Parking or traffic tickets, or fines of any type
These guidelines will be reviewed annually.
To apply for this grant please fill out this form.
Professional Development Grant Winners
Mary Jane Sager