Find the housing information you need
Spring '15 new student and transfer housing applications
Housing applications will go live 10 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 10 for those who were admitted to Binghamton but not attending until January!
Signing up is easy:
- Once you begin the application process for spring 2015 you will be asked to read the housing license, review your personal details and enter at least one emergency contact.
- You will be able to indicate whether you require break housing or would prefer our special housing options (i.e. Break housing is a great option for international students, athletes, out-of-state-students, working students and others who need to remain on campus during the four breaks when residence halls close.)
- You will be asked to prioritize preferences among our five traditional and two apartment-style residential communities, so be sure to review the options on our website if you have not done so already.
Important Note: before you can access and sign up for housing, you must activate your Binghamton University Computer Account and e-mail account at password.binghamton.edu.
2015-16 returning student housing sign ups
The regular housing process for your next academic year was completed in Oct./Nov. The housing system will re-open beginning 9 a.m. Monday, Nov. 17 for room changes and students who did not go through the previous process but would like to sign up for a room.
» IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT THE ROOM CHANGE/SIGN UP PROCESS
- The returning student online housing system will be open 24-hours; however, support will only be available during business hours. | full details
- Room changes and new room sign ups are an individual (not group) process. | full details
- If you currently live on-campus and want a room for 2015-16, you can log in and sign up when the system opens on Monday. | full details
- If you live off campus and want to sign up for on-campus housing for '15-16, you can sign up, but you will need to complete an initial log on before 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 16. | full details
- If you went through the housing process you will be able to change rooms | full details
- If you picked the wrong room within a suite/flat/apartment, you will be able to switch rooms. | full details
- What is break housing and how do I know if I should sign up for it?
- Do I have to pay a housing deposit? (No — it's waived this year!
2015-16 housing cancellations
Please complete the cancellation form for the appropriate community on or before March 10, 2015. A $200 cancellation charge will be added to your account. Cancellation requests by registered students will be denied after the deadline.
Spring '15 cancellations
If you are graduating, transferring, studying abroad or withdrawing please complete a cancellation form before November 21 to avoid being assessed a $200 charge. Cancellation of the University Housing License are only being accepted for the reasons listed above.
Spring '15 wait lists
Currently living on campus and want a different room for spring 2015? Wait lists are available — complete the cancellation form for the community where you want to live:
Fall '15 returning graduate student housing
Returning graduate students should go through the Oct. returning student housing process. You will be offered housing in Adirondack House and Palisades in Hillside. Graduate students can sign up in the Apartment priorities. You will only be able to select rooms or apartments in those areas. Graduate students who wish to live with undergraduate students can be pulled in as part of a group to fill a flat, suite, apartment or corridor-style room anywhere else on campus, but are not able to pull undergraduates into graduate housing. All graduate students are considered to have 120 credits for the purpose of returning student housing.