Housing Sign-up Information
for 2017-2018 Housing. All students MUST pre-register before Registration starts in November. Pre-registration and group formation starts October 14 > PRE-REGISTER NOW!
2017-2018 Housing sign-ups for Hillside and Susquehanna (Apartment Communities) will be November 8 – 10. Check priorities for exact sign-up window.
2017-2018 Housing sign-ups for CIW, Dickinson, Hinman, Mountainview and Newing will be November 11 – 17. Check priorities for exact sign-up window.
Fall Housing Guide Instructions - Print
If you'd prefer a printed version, you can stop by Residential Life Central Office - TU213 and pick up a copy or print your own.
Learning Community Applications
Learning Community Applications are due in area offices by Oct. 21 at 4 p.m. for CIW, Dickinson, Hinman, and Mountainview. If you are accepted to a Learning Community: CIW Politics, Law and Society or Feeding a Hungry World; Dickinson CoRE or Entrepreneurial; Hinman Public Service; Mountainview STEAM or SALC, you should do Pre-registration but please note: housing for anyone assigned to a LC is handled separately, replacing and overriding the on-line housing process described in this document. Information and/or applications are available on each Community’s home page.
It is strongly recommended that students attend one of these sessions. Students can attend any of the information sessions regardless of where they want to sign up for housing or where they currently live.
- Oct. 10, 7 p.m. in Mountainview App111
- Oct. 11, 7 p.m. in Hillside Commons
- Oct. 13, 7 p.m. in C4 Collegiate Center – Multi-Purpose Rooms D, E, F (Newing side)
Need help finding roommates?
Use our online roommate search to post and find a roommate – available when you pre-register.
about our on-campus housing sign-up process.
Housing Sign-up Videos for Returning Students
- Overview of Housing Process
Learn everything you need to know about Binghamton University's returning student housing process for 2017-2018 with our virtual information session.
- Selecting a room
See how easy it is to choose a room during the Returning Student Housing process.
- How to form a group
Find out how to form groups during our Returning Student Housing Sign-Up.
Cancellation Deadline – March 9, 2017
All students who cancel housing will be assessed a $200 cancellation charge. No housing cancellation requests will be accepted after March 9 unless a student is transferring, withdrawing, or studying abroad. Please contact the community office of your 17-18 housing to cancel.
- Once you begin the application process you will be asked to read the housing license, review your personal details and enter at least one emergency contact.
- You will be able to indicate whether you require break housing or would prefer our special housing options (i.e. Break housing is a great option for international students, athletes, out-of-state-students, working students and others who need to remain on campus during the four breaks when residence halls close.)
- Freshmen will be asked to prioritize preferences among our five traditional residential communities. Transfers will be able to prioritize among our five traditional residential communities and our two apartment-style residential communities, so be sure to review the options on our website if you have not done so already.
Important Note: before you can access and sign up for housing, you must activate your Binghamton University Computer Account and e-mail account at password.binghamton.edu.
More information for new 2017-2018 students will be available in the spring.
Fall '17 returning graduate student housing
Adirondack House in Hillside Apartment Community is reserved for graduate students. Graduate students can sign up for 2017-2018 housing during our returning student housing process.
Fall 2016 wait list is now closed. Spring 2017 wait list will begin January 17. When the wait list opens, you will be able to go to the home page of the Community where you want to live, download the pdf form under Resources for Residents, fill out and take to that Community.