First Enrolled BEFORE fall 2023
Students who were enrolled prior to the Fall 2023 semester
First Enrolled FOR fall 2023
Information for students who enrolled in the Fall 2023 semester.
Binghamton University has adopted a comprehensive General Education curriculum that focuses on several areas of knowledge and experience that we believe are central to the academic experience of every undergraduate student. The curriculum is intended to help students develop:
- an appreciation of and capacity for effective personal expression;
- knowledge about various intellectual traditions;
- an understanding of and respect for different peoples and civilizations;
knowledge of and appreciation for the natural world, achieved through active engagement with the methods and philosophy of natural science;
- logical thinking, balanced skepticism, and tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty;
- a knowledge of and appreciation for the arts and creative expression;
skills needed to locate, evaluate, and synthesize information from a variety of sources;
- skills needed to understand and use basic research techniques
- skills needed to perform the basic operations of personal computer use.
General Education Requirements
For a list of courses meeting General Education requirements offered for a specific semester, please visit the Schedule of Classes.
Donald J. Loewen, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
Paul Gorelik, Assistant Director for Undergraduate Education