|Required Student Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate coherent college-level communication (oral) that informs, persuades, or
otherwise engages with an audience;
- evaluate communication for substance, bias, and intended effect; and
- demonstrate the ability to revise and improve oral communication.
- require that each student give at least 2 presentations.
- base at least 15% of the course grade on oral presentations, including critiques of
such presentations and other listening skills.
- provide ample opportunity for students to critique presentations, based on criteria
such as: rapport with audience; voice, projection, and audibility; clarity of purpose;
originality of ideas; organization; persuasiveness of evidence; and ability to respond
- provide as much opportunity as possible for students to improve their oral presentations
in response to feedback.
- should emphasize listening as well as speaking skills.
- Courses should be limited to 25 students, but additional can be requested.
- Courses assignments must be in English.
- Online courses can only have one recorded presentation to count for the required 2.
|Sample Rubrics from AAC&U
For more information please contact Undergraduate Education.