Social media is critical to the success of Alumni Global Days of Service because our ultimate goal is to spread the word about this meaningful weekend and share your hard work across the globe! We ask our Volunteer Captains to leverage their personal Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and X accounts to make friends and alumni aware of your efforts. Be sure to share your photos and videos with us!
Connect with Binghamton University on social:
Tag the Alumni Association in your posts, tag your regional chapter and friends. If
you're using Facebook, X or Instagram, tag @binghamtonalum and use #BingPride!
Easy Ways to Share Alumni Global Days of Service
BEFORE THE EVENT
- Use your personal social accounts to create buzz about your projects with friends and members of your team.
- Share an article about the location where you're volunteering or the organization you're helping. The more people know about the good work the organization does, the more likely they'll be to join in.
- Visiting the site? Take a photo of what awaits alumni on the day of service, update them with meeting times, locations and tag them in photos and videos.
- If you have materials that you plan to bring to the event, take a photo of those. Try to build some excitement for this day!
DURING THE EVENT
- When the group is all together take a photo of all the volunteers and tag them!
- Ask volunteers to post from their accounts, or text you photos or videos they took throughout the event; don't forget to give them your contact information.
- Take photos of the work being done (e.g., clothing donation, soup kitchen, animal shelter) or photos of alumni in action.
- If you notice there is a large group of BOLD (Bearcats of the Last Decade) alumni, College-in-the-Woods alumni, Decker alumni, etc., take a photo of them. It will be nice to showcase how kindred spirits have come together for this great event.
- When you post the photos, tag @BinghamtonAlum so we can share all of your hard work! If your area has an Alumni Association chapter, tag your chapter's social media.
AFTER THE EVENT
- Post something to let your followers and friends know the impact you had on others, something like how many meals were served, how many clothes were packed, etc.
- Post a "Thank You" photo to the organization and to the volunteers and tag them both.