Network with successful alumni in Metro New York!
NYC CONNECT: Networking Night
Monday, Jan. 8, 2024 | 6 – 8 p.m. (check-in will start at 5:30 p.m.)
Location: The Altman Building, 135 W 18 th St., Manhattan
Students must register in hireBING to attend.
All students are welcome! You do not need to attend an Employer Trek to attend Networking Night!
|5:30 – 6 p.m.||Event check-in|
|6 – 8 p.m.||Networking with alumni|
CONNECT Networking Night 2024 Bus
Students who will be in upstate New York during winter break may take advantage of the free Networking Night bus, which will travel round trip from Binghamton University directly to the Altman Building on Monday, Jan. 8. Students MUST pre-register for this bus.
How to prepare for Networking Night
Before attending a networking event, you should be prepared to make a great impression by researching the attending alumni, preparing your 30-second commercial and dressing professionally! Remember also to register in advance—space is limited and registration is required.
1. Research alumni you want to connect with ahead of time!
- Review the list of attending alumni to find those you hope to connect with! Alumni are continuing to register for this event, so check the directory regularly for new additions.
- Alumni will be grouped based on career cluster at the event. Make note of which alumni you would like to speak with in each cluster.
2. Prepare your 30-second commercial
- Use your 30-second commercial to introduce yourself to alumni. Find resources on how to prepare your 30-second commercial on pg. 26 of the Fleishman Center's Career Guide.
3. Write out a few questions that you hope to ask alumni such as:
- What helped you get to where you are now?
- How did you get into this kind of work?
- How can I best prepare myself for this kind of work?
- What skills are essential to be successful at this job?
- Find additional ideas on pg. 28 of the Fleishman Center's Career Guide
4. Ask for contact information
- If you make great connections and want to follow up with any alumni, be sure to get their contact information. You can request to connect on LinkedIn and send a note to your new connections.